Referral Offer Reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Referral Offer Reporting

When we set up referral offers through Marketo, it's not breaking down the referred visitors and signups by the participant. We can see the overall dashboard numbers, so we're sure there has been activity.

Some of these offers were cloned from others, is that a potential problem? Any insight would be very helpful!

Best,

Susan

4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Referral Offer Reporting

Hi Susan,

What are you referring to when you say referral offers?

And what numbers are you looking for specifically? Maybe you could phrase your question differently, as I think there are some terminology differences here. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Darrell,

I'm happy to try to explain better! Within Marketing Activities, within New Local Asset, there is an option called Referral Offer. This allows you to make shareable links that web visitors can easily share to their social media accounts. This feature is supposed to allow you to track overall traffic driven to the intended page by participant (those who click and share) and by offer. Our reporting isn't coming through by participant, which is an issue because we're trying to reward those who share. The Participants tab should display the number of web visits and leads generated by the participant.

I'm not sure if this clarifies, but we're beginning to think its a system error as we have several other inconsistencies within the account. If you have ever used this feature, I'd love to hear your input on how we might adjust to make the reporting appear.

Thanks,

Susan 

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is part of the "social boost" add-on.  Based on what I've heard over the past couple of years, most of this is no longer fully supported or doesn't function as expected.  I've also heard directly from Marketo that they don't even have a product manager that owns this add-on anymore.

Some related discussions:

Anyone using the Marketo "Social Boost & Promotion" add-on? Is it worth it for B2B marketers?

Social Post

Re: Marketo Social Marketing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan,

Thank you for letting us know! That isn't great news, especially as a new customer who was sold something that isn't supported, but it's better to be in the know than chase something that cannot be found.

I'll follow up with this directly and let you know if they tell me the same thing.

Best,

Susan