Refer more than 1 friend

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refer more than 1 friend

Hi there,

I want to create a referral campaign using the refer a friend token but want to be able to refer more than 1 friend. Any ideas? Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Refer more than 1 friend

Hi Nick We have created couple of referral programs where we allow users to submit more than one referral. Drop me a line at alok@grazitti.com and I can show you some use cases. You can also download our guide here - http://go.grazitti.com/Building-Customer-Referral-Program-in-Marketo.html

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Re: Refer more than 1 friend

Hi Nick,

Presumably you're referring to the 'Forward to a Friend' token. While this is an out-of-the-box functionality, I personally find it to be a poor one. Once someone clicks the 'foward to a friend' button, a new lead is created and all the tokens that start with {{lead. are taken from this newly created record. Any lead-specific vouchercodes are therefor lost.

My preference is to add a CTA button in the email that sends the lead to a landingpage with a form without prefill. The form asks your existing lead to refer a new lead, by filling out his/her email address. On form submission, be sure to remove the MKTO tracking cookie. Learn how to do this here: Turn Off Cookies for Referral Form

You can now send whatever you like to your new referred lead. You can even send a thank you email to your referring customer through the 'send alert' function. All you need to do is pass the referring customer's email address into a hidden field on the form (eg. Referral Program Referrer Email) and you can use that token to send an alert to the email address.

Send Alert [your email] to {{lead.Referral Program Referrer Email}}

Hope this helps you in the right direction. If it doesn't, let us know.

Stijn