SOLVED

Re: Redirect URL

Go to solution
KanakoTone
Level 5

Redirect URL

Hi,

I'm wondering how we can easily set the redirect for URLs in the landing page (probably in emails too).

I posted a Youtube video and some landing pages have the link to it. Now, I shot the updated video and posted it on Youtube, and its URL is different. I'd not like to look into each landing page to change URL one by one. I'm hoping there's some way to apply redirect setting over multiple landing pages and emails.

One solution on Youtube end is to have an annotation on the old video and send the viewers to the new one. Some says this is 100% CTR, but I doubt it. For viewers, it must be easier to enable one click open the link and start watching the content.

Just making it clear, I'm not looking for a way to redirect a landing page itself to other pages. Setting redirect rules under admin doesn't seem like what I'm looking for. I appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kanako,

Indeed, the URL redirect in admin will not help you.

You should set the URL in a token, at a folder level that emcompasses all your Landing Pages. Then the token will be available for insertion in all you LP's. When the URL changes, change the token value, and all you Landing Pages will be updated (not even need to approve them).

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kanako,

Indeed, the URL redirect in admin will not help you.

You should set the URL in a token, at a folder level that emcompasses all your Landing Pages. Then the token will be available for insertion in all you LP's. When the URL changes, change the token value, and all you Landing Pages will be updated (not even need to approve them).

-Greg

Casey_Noland
Level 2

Just an FYI - I've run into some issues when using URLs in tokens. They work just fine but click tracking in emails typically fails.

Marketo support looked into it on our end and advised us to keep the "http://" local in the asset and only add the remaining URL through the token.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Casey,

Yes, this is a known issue. Vote here :

-Greg