SOLVED

Re: Recording multiple responses

Go to solution
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Recording multiple responses

Is it possible to record multiple responses in a single field? For instance, if I'm recording a PPC keyword each time a form is submitted through an ad, and the same lead clicks through multiple ads, I'd like to record each keyword

I found the following discussion: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PFOnAAO and from that the following append data idea: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HBgRAAW -- but it looks like this might not work for what I have in mind.

Has anyone else solved this?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this now. You'd want to create a 2nd field. Let's say the first field is "PPC Keyword" then make a "PPC Keyword History" field. Then create a smart campaign, if the Data Value "PPC Keyword" changes, then in flow - Change Data Value - PPC Keyword History with the value : {{lead.PPC Keyword}}, {{lead.PPC Keyword History}}.  

If you add the new value to field and the value of the field at the same time, it concatenates the data into a single field. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this now. You'd want to create a 2nd field. Let's say the first field is "PPC Keyword" then make a "PPC Keyword History" field. Then create a smart campaign, if the Data Value "PPC Keyword" changes, then in flow - Change Data Value - PPC Keyword History with the value : {{lead.PPC Keyword}}, {{lead.PPC Keyword History}}.  

If you add the new value to field and the value of the field at the same time, it concatenates the data into a single field. 
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

I guess from a reporting perspective this will force me to pull the data and break it down outside of Marketo, otherwise I'll get lines like:
  • Keyword A
  • Keyword A,Keyword B
  • Keyword B
As the system will think "Keyword A,Keyword B" is unique and not multiple attribution?