SOLVED

Recipients Marked as SPAM

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recipients Marked as SPAM

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to tell if someone marked our company's email as SPAM? I did a smart list already that was filtering on the "Email Suspended Cause" as  "Contains SPAM", but it looks like this contains everything (including when a server marked it as "BULK" email or SPAM)...And there are quite a few. Any insight on this would be great. Thanks!

-Chris

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Recipients Marked as SPAM

You want to look at Email Invalid Cause or Hard Bounced data. Not every bounced record will have helpful information here, but some will tell you if your shared IP was blacklisted or if you were marked as spam at that firm. It might just say blocked though.

I would focus on automating the blocking of anyone who hard bounces x2 and soft bounces x3 in 30 day period. Don't worry about the reasons.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You want to look at Email Invalid Cause or Hard Bounced data. Not every bounced record will have helpful information here, but some will tell you if your shared IP was blacklisted or if you were marked as spam at that firm. It might just say blocked though.

I would focus on automating the blocking of anyone who hard bounces x2 and soft bounces x3 in 30 day period. Don't worry about the reasons.

Julz_James
Level 10

Josh (sorry to hikack), but how would I find if someone has blacklisted our IP address?  Can this be done as a Bounced smart list?

Thanks

Juli