SOLVED

Recent announcement: P1 Alert - High number of emails Soft Bouncing

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Recent announcement: P1 Alert - High number of emails Soft Bouncing

Mike Reynolds, we just received the following announcement from you (unfortunately, I cannot find this announcement in Support, so I'm asking the question here):

Customers reporting high numbers of Soft Bounces from email sends. Our Engineering team has resolved this issue, but emails that had previously soft bounced will probably not be re-sent. Please check your campaigns and programs first to verify numbers of soft bounces reported. If it is high, please contact Support to evaluate the issue individually and determine next steps. If you are not seeing high numbers of soft bounces, you are not affected and there is no need to contact Support.

Can I ask what the timeframe is?  How far back should we go?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: Recent announcement: P1 Alert - High number of emails Soft Bouncing

Dan Stevens​, Good question!

The issue resulted from a change that was made in our servers in one data center. That change was implemented at ~6:30pm PT Wed 17th, problem was fixed at ~5am PT Wed 18th. So, only that time frame would have seen the soft bounces.

Also, since this only affected one data center, the scope of the impact is pretty limited. Run a quick email performance report for the last two days and if there isn't a spike in soft bounces, it wouldn't have affected your instance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: Recent announcement: P1 Alert - High number of emails Soft Bouncing

Dan Stevens​, Good question!

The issue resulted from a change that was made in our servers in one data center. That change was implemented at ~6:30pm PT Wed 17th, problem was fixed at ~5am PT Wed 18th. So, only that time frame would have seen the soft bounces.

Also, since this only affected one data center, the scope of the impact is pretty limited. Run a quick email performance report for the last two days and if there isn't a spike in soft bounces, it wouldn't have affected your instance.