Re: Rebranding 301 Redirect

Pieter_Leeflan1
Level 2

Rebranding 301 Redirect

Hi Community,

He're launching a new brand and changing our domain so we'll be changing our marketo landing pages as well. We own both sub domains (old and new). We have some ads running(print) with old URLs. I know how to setup general Marketo landing page redirects but does anyone know how to set it up for when we change the domain and don't have that in Marketo anymore to set up those standard landing landing page redirects. Both our sub domains point to Marketo. Our IT team said they could do it but day before launch they said they can't do it.

Let me know what the best thing to do is.

Cheers,

Pieter

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Do you absolutely require a redirect?  If these are just old ads, you could set up a Domain Alias instead (in certain ways the opposite of a Redirect Rule). This will make all LPs available at both old.example.com/lp.html and new.example.org/lp.html.

This won't redirect between old and new, however, unless you also add a little snippet of JS.

Pieter_Leeflan1
Level 2

That was the start of it.

I created the Domain Alias then was able to create redirects with the old URLs. We took all our landing pages and created new pages with a small variation in the URL but after creating the alias we were able to to just sent a redirect rule in Marketo. Thanks for the jump start.

Cheers,

Pieter