Re: Real time redirect on the basis of specific field

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

Thank you for the suggestion.Sanford Whiteman‌ Do you think it can under hundreds of Email domains ? 

@Jay Jiang Can you elaborate on the solution ? Do I have to create a Json object and reference the domain from form fill to that and redirect on the basis of that. 

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

an array will work, e.g. ["domain1.com","domain2.com","domain3.com"], in a text token like {{my.domainsList}}

example (take this as pseudo code)

MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-###.marketo.com", "###-###-###", ###, function(form) {
var domainsList = {{my.domainsList}};
form.onSuccess(function(values, followUpUrl) {
var vals = form.vals(),
email = vals.Email,
domain = email.replace(/.*@/, "");
if(domainsList.includes(domain)){
location.href = "/alternate-thankyou-page";
return false;
}
});
});
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

• Don't forget that Array#includes isn't supported in any version of IE. You need to use indexOf, find, or a polyfill.
  • That needs to be a case-insensitive lookup so includes isn't suitable anyway..
  • The follow-up URL, assuming it's going to be a Marketo-hosted LP, needs to have the aliId reappended to maintain the usual forms functionality.
SanfordWhiteman

Thank you for the suggestion.Sanford Whiteman Do you think it can under hundreds of Email domains ?

Yes, although I won't deny the UI gets unwieldy.

There's nothing wrong with using an onSuccess listener if you don't care about disclosing the list.

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

I tried using the Advance URL thank you setting, however i was not able to include all domain in single if choice using (";" or "," ) separator do we have to create separate if choice for each domain  i.e. 150 choices . You are correct we don't want to disclose the domains and also majority of the users are using IE.

SanfordWhiteman

I tried using the Advance URL thank you setting, however i was not able to include all domain in single if choice using (";" or "," )

The Advanced Thank You page, unfortunately, doesn't offer the same ease-of-use as the Visibility Rules page, though both are within the Form Editor module.

With VRs, you can use [Contains] and a regular expression. So not separated by ; or , but using the alternator | character as in

@example1.com$|@example2.com$|@example3.com$

which has the same result of matching multiple domains with one rule.

But with Advanced TY you need separate [Ends With] choices.

Jay's JS approach can easily be made to work w/IE and to do the case-insensitive match. But it will always reveal the domains if someone is curious.

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

I tried the method which you have mention and  included the alternator with ending in regular expression however it is not working for us. 

SanfordWhiteman

I was mentioning regex to say it doesn't work for Advanced Thank You even though it does work in other parts of Form Editor.

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

So how should i proceed in this case without exposing the domains and redirect the leads on the basis of domain using Advanced Thank you page ?

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

I used this in Advance Thank you page however leads are not getting redirected.

@example1.com$|@example2.com$|@example3.com$