Re: Reaching a Lead Score Threshold and ONLY Sending Those Leads to SFDC?

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Reaching a Lead Score Threshold and ONLY Sending Those Leads to SFDC?

Hi all,

I'm new to Marketo and my company is also new to Marketo so I'm building out our instance from the ground up!

I've created a basic lead lifecycle program based on demo and and behavior scoring.

Currently all net new leads are synced to SFDC (Known, MAL, MQL, SQL, SAL).

How do I go about creating a rule or trigger where a lead is only passed to SFDC via auto-assignment rules if they reach a certain threshold (65 points or more, for example)?

What is the best practice for this?

We aren't working with a ton of leads (yet) so my workaround is giving all leads a huge behavioral score for filling out the demo form (effectively making all SAL). However as we scale I want to keep leads from sales who are not truly ready to be contacted.

Thank you in advance,

Spencer

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You definitely have the right mindset (most choose not to sync everything to CRM, but only those leads that are sales-ready).  By default, nothing in Marketo gets synced over as new leads in CRM (unlike vice-versa, where all new leads/contacts in CRM sync to Marketo).  You need to create the necessary trigger campaigns to make that happen.  So what you need to do is identify those campaigns that are causing the leads to sync to CRM, and adjust them to your needs (e.g., when lead reaches MQL status (lead score threshold), sync lead to CRM; until that happens, keep them in Marketo).

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Thank you, Dan.

I set up my lifecycle program by importing one from the Marketing Program Library. The first flow step is to sync all new (unknown) people to SFDC. Per your comment, should I remove that flow step and replace in the appropriate campaign (Reaches MQL, for example)?

Please see screenshots of lifecycle below - and yes I know it's very simple, but you gotta' start somewhere!

1. Overall Lifecycle campaign hierarchy

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 12.59.28 PM.png

2A. "01. Sync New Leads to SFDC" Smart List

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 1.03.59 PM.png

2B. "01. Sync New Leads to SFDC" Flow

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 1.04.06 PM.png

To re-state: Are you suggesting to implement the similar flow in my first smart campaign into my 3rd or 4th, or wherever I want leads to enter SFDC?

Thanks again,

Spencer

Cynthia_Vuong1
Level 1

At my previous company, we created a "Marketing Qualified" field as checkbox in Marketo and mapped that field to SF. We would have all leads from Marketo go through auto assignment rule in SF. In the SF auto assignment rule, I would put a flow step that assigns them to a rep only if the marketing qualified field is checked. If the lead is not MQL it falls to the very last step in the assignment rule and assigned it to a lead owner queue we called "non-MQL" that way not all leads are assigned.

You can set up a flow in marketo saying if they meet a certain score, check marketing qualified and sync leads to SF using auto assignment.

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Interesting! It seems like this is primarily done by editing the SFDC auto assignment fields, then?

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of what this would look like in Marketo:

"You can set up a flow in Marketo saying if they meet a certain score, check marketing qualified and sync leads to SF using auto assignment."

Thanks, Cynthia.

Best,

Spencer

Cynthia_Vuong1
Level 1

pastedImage_0.png

We always used the auto assignment rule in saleforce rather building it in marketo since it was easier to manage.