Re: Reachforce and forms 2.0 without a landing page

John_Wallace
Level 4

Reachforce and forms 2.0 without a landing page

Hi we are looking for a nice packaged script for our product signup process that would deal with all the marketo and reachforce integration using forms 2.0.  Is this possible to do without using a landing page and just have everything needed in javascript file?  anyone doing this right now?

Thanks 
-John
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey John, 

Are you wanting a Forms 2.0 form to submit to both your product database and Marketo? I haven't seen this working before. I'm not sure if it's possible to dual submit from a Forms 2.0, as opposed to fetching the data after submission from Marketo's database. 

I can tell you what we do...can't speak to the Reachforce part because we don't use it though. 

Our product's registration form is integrated with Marketo using the SOAP API and the syncLead call. It's been a pain, to be honest, because you also have to do an associateLead munchkin call to attach the new record to the cookie and we've dealt with some race condition issues there. 

If I could do it over I would explore the server-side form post method. It does a much better job at replicating the functionality of a native form submit on the back-end and will submit to your product DB and Marketo. Note it is rate limited to 30 submissions per minute though. 
John_Wallace
Level 4

Hey Justin, thanks for the response.  We currently submit via ajax to our product's db which we were thinking of running on a onSuccess function block, where our validations will run.  So potentially having the reachforce aspect fire on a onSubmit block.  I will look into the server-side form post method, thanks.

-John
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting...if you find something that works really well please let me know! We have a similar use case and I would like to improve it in the future. 
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@John Like Justin, I'm not a Reachforce user but I've worked a bit with the Forms 2 API, and I don't see any reason this can't be done.  You'll have access to all the Marketo form values in-scope, so as long as your form POSTs are allowed (i.e. no CORS problems) you'll be fine. Since Reachforce touts integration with any CRM I'm sure they've got JSONP or whatever you need.  On the other hand, sounds like you're talking about committing data to 3 different destinations before the user switches pages on her/his own.  That could be hairy, and perhaps a reason to go with server-side form post where you can actually run one of the posts asychronously (after the user's page view is finished).