Re engaging old contacts

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Re engaging old contacts

Hello All,

I want to email a large number of emails that havent been used for some time.

The selection is (was not emailed or not visited web page) in last 180 days.

Its quite a large number, a few hundred thousand.

Any tips or thoughts on limiting the danger of emailing a large volume of older emails in terms of black listing, spam etc?

thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Re engaging old contacts

Hi Mark,

The biggest risks are:

1. if you have a significant part of them that are on public emailing systems (e.g. gmail) or large corps with severe anti-spam systems, that you end up in the spam box or event worth, blacklisted.
  2. That you get in return a signifiant percentage of hard bounces, due the natural attrition of email addresses

I would split the list into sub lists using a random sample choice and send the reengagement email on different days, at least at the beginning

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree. Test this on a small random list. We've tried to do this following what I thought was a good process, and hosed our reputation.

I'd almost say don't bother re-activating dormant leads after 6 to 12 months. Spend the effort on inbound content and ads.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Thanks Greg, I was thinking splitting the list would minimize the risks.

For this one I'm targeting the corporate address only.  Will deal with the public addresses with a different message.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Mark,

Even on corporate addresses, I know many company that would declare an email to be a spam if they receive it 10 times within the same second.

-Greg