Re: Re-assigning leads from a queue in Salesforce once they are sales ready via Marketo

bcouture
Level 2

Re-assigning leads from a queue in Salesforce once they are sales ready via Marketo

Hey all, 
I'm currently working with our Sales Ops person internally regarding lead assignment from Marketo to Salesforce and I've seemed to hit a snag.

We've been using the program<>campaign sync between the two systems, so all leads at the time of creation are added to Salesforce (which we've just been adding to a queue via our LARs since they are not sales ready), but the issue I'm running across is now re-assigning them from the queue in Salesforce to an actual sales rep once they hit the lead score that marks them as marketing qualified. It seems as though Salesforce won't allow you to run a lead through lead assignment rules twice.

Just wondering what people are doing to re-assign them from a queue to a sales rep.

I guess it's also worth gauging everyone's thoughts on the program<>campaign sync in the first place? I know some orgs only sync leads over to Salesforce when they're marketing qualified, but I joined my company halfway through the Marketo implementation and they were already using the program<>campaign sync so I continued along the status quo, but any thoughts regarding best practices regarding syncing new leads from Marketo<>SFDC  as well?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Re-assigning leads from a queue in Salesforce once they are sales ready via Marketo

It seems as though Salesforce won't allow you to run a lead through lead assignment rules twice.

It's not that... SFDC will let you rerun the rules, but you have to create the conditions under which they'll run, i.e. Apex trigger.

...but any thoughts regarding best practices regarding syncing new leads from Marketo<>SFDC  as well?

We couldn't live without the Program ↔︎ Campaign sync.

bcouture
Level 2

That's good to know, thanks for your input. We were considering building out the Apex trigger in Salesforce, the only thing is that we send alerts to our sales team from Marketo when they get a new demo request/free trial.

My initial thought is that if we run an apex trigger to push leads owned by a queue back through LARs in Salesforce, then we we'd have to throw in a delay in Marketo to wait for the LARs to run in SFDC and also the new owner to sync back to Marketo before sending out the alert to the new sales owner.

I'm worried that there could be varying time intervals that a lead gets a new owner via the LARs and then syncs back to Marketo in order for the alert to go to the right sales rep, wouldn't want leads falling through the cracks because our alert smart campaign fired before the new owner sync'd back to Marketo.

Any thoughts?

Kavitha_Tummala
Level 1

Can you please try work flow in salesforce to send an email alert when criteria are met. I think this should fix your issue.