SOLVED

Re: Re-Activating Engagement Stream Program Status

Go to solution
George_Hoffman
Level 3

Re-Activating Engagement Stream Program Status

I recently turned the program status to "off" in the setup of one of our engagement streams because we did not want any emails going out for a week. Now, when I set program status to "on", I am getting an invalid first cast date. I was under the impression that turning the program status to "on" would just resume the stream.

If I set first cast for this Friday, will it start the stream over? That is, repeat content to leads that are already 4, 5, 6 emails down the stream?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi George,

if you change the 1st cast date, Marketo will resume each lead where it was (and will not send email each of them already had).

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I've found this error before as well. You will need to adjust the first cast to the next day you would like the email to go out. Since leads have already received email 4, 5, and 6, they will not receive that content again, they will just resume with the first piece of new content listed top to bottom.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi George,

if you change the 1st cast date, Marketo will resume each lead where it was (and will not send email each of them already had).

-Greg

Autumn_Mahoney1
Level 3

I understand that this is what would need to be done, so why is there an on/off toggle in the first place when we'll have to go to the set the stream cadence anyway? I would have assumed as George did, so that I only have to do 1 step for each program to pause for some period of time. Now I have to touch each stream's cadence.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Autumn,

You should rather post a new question than reopen an old one, you would be more likely to get an answer, faster

The on-off toggle completely stops the whole engagement program and restarts it. If you simply set it to on after having set it to off, it will simply resume and you do not need to edit stream schedules.

But it you start editing schedules, which George did, and only in this situation, you will need to provide a first cast date in the future.

-Greg