SOLVED

Re: Randomly Assigning Lead Owners in Specific Program

Go to solution
Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Randomly Assigning Lead Owners in Specific Program

Hi - I have two sales reps that now share a territory, how can I setup a webinar program to assign new leads 50/50 without disrupting the assignment rules for existing programs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Jasmine Kyles​ - something I haven't seen asked yet - are you assigning the leads in Marketo or in SFDC? If it is Marketo, you're going to have to use the Random Sample and not Round Robin. Fortunately the Random Sample gives equal, or very near equal distributions even in small sample sizes.

In a previous role I did lead assignment in Marketo (I recommend against that, but that's another story for another day). We had to split a lead source that only had a dozen or so leads a day, and the distribution would be so close to even that I always suspected Random Sample was actually a Random AND Equal sample...but I never took the time to investigate.

TL;DR - Random Sample should work well for you in this instance!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Question should be moved to the Products space (this area is for questions about the Champs program itself).

Do you actually mean randomly or round-robin?

Randomly means over the course of a day, the distribution will be ~50/50, but you could have sequences of A-A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B-B-A-B-A etc.

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Thanks! I would like it to be assigned 50/50 when adding a list of contacts to a program.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can use Random Sample=50 or Round Robin = 1, 2, 3....

round robin may not exist in all systems due to dependence on CRM.

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

We're using SFDC - sounds like experimenting is the consensus based on this doc: Distribute Your Leads Round Robin or Randomly

David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Jasmine Kyles​ - something I haven't seen asked yet - are you assigning the leads in Marketo or in SFDC? If it is Marketo, you're going to have to use the Random Sample and not Round Robin. Fortunately the Random Sample gives equal, or very near equal distributions even in small sample sizes.

In a previous role I did lead assignment in Marketo (I recommend against that, but that's another story for another day). We had to split a lead source that only had a dozen or so leads a day, and the distribution would be so close to even that I always suspected Random Sample was actually a Random AND Equal sample...but I never took the time to investigate.

TL;DR - Random Sample should work well for you in this instance!

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Thanks, David! Yes, the Random Sample works. I would prefer to always assign leads in SFDC rather than Marketo but this was a special scenario.