Re: Randomize Dynamic Content / Snippet in one email?

Frank_Geldof1
Level 4

Randomize Dynamic Content / Snippet in one email?

Hi,

I have searched the community but was not able to find a solution to my challenge. Perhaps one of you might be able to help.

Challenge: I want to use one email in which I have a section that randomly shows selected content (preferably snippets).

I considered:

• Using A/B Test and Random Sample but I don't want to make two emails (or more) to randomize content.
  • using dynamic content but have no clue how I can make sure my segmentation criteria is random enough within my target group.

Does anyone have another ideas?

Thanks for your input!

Frank

/// Frank
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So you have an email "ad" that you want to AB test?

• Segmentations and Dynamic do not support Random Sample.
  • Instead, create the Email or a Static Snippet. Then setup the AB test by Whole Email in one of the three methods
    • Random Sample (List based)
    • Email Send
    • Champ/Challenger
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. You can sort leads into random cohorts (static lists) using a batch SC, and have your Segmentations based on Member of each list (you could also use a custom field rather than a list, though adding new fields for each run might be cumbersome).
  2. Using just a Velocity token, you can easily randomize the content shown to each lead. However, if what you actually want is round-robin distribution across a random order, this won't work, since by definition randomness alone doesn't ensure an absolutely even distribution (i.e. you may get 34/34/32 instead of 34/33/33).
Frank_Geldof1
Level 4

Josh Hill​ and Sanford Whiteman

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input. I will see which format will suit our organization and will let you know via this post.

KR, Frank

/// Frank