SOLVED

Re: Random Sample

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Random Sample

I'm trying to set up a campaign to slowly change scores one day apart.

If I have a flow of...

1. Change Score

-Choice 1: Random Sample = 10% Change Score =70

2. Wait 1 day

3. Change Score

-Choice 1: Random Sample = 10% Change Score =70

Will flow step 3 choose a purely random sample of 10% or 10% that haven't  been chosen in flow step 1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It sounds like you actually want a single Flow step with choices, to ensure the whole list is covered. For example, a randomized step that adds each cohort to a different list.

Then trigger on Add to List to and have Wait steps there for how long each group should wait.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Amanda,

The third flow step will choose a random sample of all people who reach step three, which in this set up will include those who are part of the random sample in step one.

Which is the outcome you'd like - to ensure that first random sample is included or to ensure that they are excluded?

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Ah, that's right. I'd like to exclude those that were in the 1st flow step from the the 3rd flow step.

SanfordWhiteman

It sounds like you actually want a single Flow step with choices, to ensure the whole list is covered. For example, a randomized step that adds each cohort to a different list.

Then trigger on Add to List to and have Wait steps there for how long each group should wait.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

I'm unable to add a wait step when building out flow steps for score and data value. So I would have to build a campaign for each % of the random sample?

David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Amanda,

I think the process could look something like this:

Two Smart Campaigns. Push all the leads to the first smart campaign, which has alternating steps of 'Request Campaign' and 'Wait 1 day' as below:

pastedImage_0.png

Unless you are constantly adding more leads to this program, the percentages you choose each day need to go up to maintain the same number of leads that are chosen.

The second Smart Campaign simply changes the score and removes the leads from the previous campaign, ensuring they won't be chosen again: pastedImage_1.png

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

I think David's solution will probably work quite nicely with this problem. You'll just want to make sure you consider the availability of the smart campaigns carefully and note any impact that might have (e.g. can they run through it every time it's triggered, or just once a day/week/month, etc).

SanfordWhiteman

The problem is you may not distribute the list evenly this way (could be wildly off by the time you wrap it off with Default).  I'd say Random Sample should only be used within a single step.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Amanda,

I agree with Sanford and think you can do this with two smart campaigns and 10 static lists (one list for each sample).

Smart campaign #1

Flow: Add to List

- Choice 1: If Random Sample = 10% add to List 1

- Choice 2: If Random Sample = 10% add to List 2

- Choice 3: If Random Sample = 10% add to List 3

Smart campaign #2

Smart List: Added to list (include all 10 lists)

Flow: Change Score

- Choice 1: If was added to list 1 change score =70

- Choice 2: If was added to list 2 change score =70

- Choice 3: If was added to list 3 change score =70