Random Sample vs Champion/Challenger Setup for A/B Testing in an Engagement Program

tth
Level 1
Level 1

Random Sample vs Champion/Challenger Setup for A/B Testing in an Engagement Program

Hi everyone! I am trying to figure out the best possible way to A/B test emails in an engagement program. I am using programs within my engagement program. I have 2 streams setup based on 2 groups (Group A and Group B) and 10 email programs for each group. In each program, within the Send Email trigger, I have this choice logic setup (Choice 1: If Segment is Group A, Send Email 1A; Choice 2; If Segment is Group B, Send Email 1B). I'm trying to figure out the most streamlined way to A/B test all emails in this engagement program. 

From my research, people seem to have different preferences whether to use the manual route of using the random sample functionality vs the champion/challenger approach. Some even say that you cannot use the champion/challenger method on triggered emails within nested programs in a nurture, and others say you can. Any ideas on best way to set this up? I don't see info specific to this scenario in the marketo docs: https://docs.marketo.com/pages/releaseview.action?pageId=2359553. I hope that all makes sense. Thank you in advance!