Random Sample Setup with Wait Steps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Random Sample Setup with Wait Steps

Hi there,

I'm setting up a staggered flow for an email we're A/B testing. The list of recipients is a Smart List, so using chunks (as I've seen recommended) won't work. In turn I've set up two campaigns:

1. Send 20% of recipients email 1 and 20% of recipients email 2, then wait, then send 20% remaining of recipients email 1 and 20% of remaining recipients email 2, then wait, then send 50% of remaining recipients email 1 and send 50% of remaining recipients email 2. 

2. Remove recipients from the above Staggered Flow when either email is delivered.

My question is whether the random sample is set up such that I can set everything up as I have it below (see screenshots) or whether each random sample counts as a percentage of all recipients that have ever been in the flow at any step (and so would need to sum up to 100%).

0EM50000000SOio.jpg
Repeat the above steps, then finally:
0EM50000000SOit.jpg

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Random Sample Setup with Wait Steps

No, it will probably pull that same set of leads, and so I think we really should manage these with lists rather than the flow.

I'd recommend using batch campaigns to add to a static list and then exclude members of the list in a filter for the second random sample.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

As I mentioned earlier, this is for a Smart List, which constantly has new members flowing in. I'm trying to schedule this for next week, so putting the list into static lists now would mean that not all members would be included.

Doesn't the second campaign I've set up, which removes anyone who has received either email from the flow, ensure that the only leads left to send to in the flow have not received the email?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Why wouldn't you use the Email Send Program to do this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

If he wants to break things up arbitrarially that might hard with Email Program, although Josh, I agree that it would be more self contatined.

With the static lists, what you can do is schedule a few batch campaigns to populate those static lists, so it isn't much different. I still wouldn't do it in the flow, but if you made three Smart Campaigns which ran one after the other and you removed folks, that would probably do the trick as well.