SOLVED

RTP URL Wildcards for Inzone

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

RTP URL Wildcards for Inzone

Are there plans to allow for a wildcard before words not just at the end? For example:

I might want to have a CTA on all things with the Los Angeles Lakers but with RTP limitation it would have to start with Lakers like this:
yahoo.com/sports/nba/lakers*
but there might be content with "lakers" in it that don't begin with that word like:
yahoo.com/sports/nba/*lakers* - this is what I'd like to be able to do. Throw a new CTA on any URL that contains lakers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RTP URL Wildcards for Inzone

Hi Scott,

Currently this request not in the roadmap, I'd recommend you to submit an idea about it.

We have recently added the Campaign Target URL to improve in-zone campaigns performance.

This allows the RTP script to load relevant campaigns only on the target pages where they suppose to be display, once visitors match the segment.

What you can do in your case is to set the segment to match visitors on specific pages only (See "Specific Pages" section) and use wildcards. Then, instead of setting a Target URL, enable the 'Any Page' option.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Yanir.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Currently this request not in the roadmap, I'd recommend you to submit an idea about it.

We have recently added the Campaign Target URL to improve in-zone campaigns performance.

This allows the RTP script to load relevant campaigns only on the target pages where they suppose to be display, once visitors match the segment.

What you can do in your case is to set the segment to match visitors on specific pages only (See "Specific Pages" section) and use wildcards. Then, instead of setting a Target URL, enable the 'Any Page' option.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Yanir.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I thought of this answer which we can use in the short term but it's a one-size fits all approach because if someone hits multiple pages of interest it would still show this one ad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you are using dialog box or widget creatives (which appear only once per session), you can have a few campaign that show up on different pages. For exmple:

Visitor views page A - sees dialog box / widget X
then
Visitor views page B - sees dialog box / widget Y

If you want to use the inzone creative and make it 'Sticky' the only option currenly is to create dedicated DIV ID's on relevant pages, then the campaigns will show up only on pages that have this ID.

For example: on all pages that are related to the Lakers create a div with id = "lakers-rtp". Then in your RTP inzone campaign set this ID as the campaign's target DIV.

I do agree it might be useful to be able to use wildcard in the campaign target URL configuration the way you described.

Feel free to submit this as an idea and I will check with our product team if we can add it to our 2015 road map.

Yanir.