SOLVED

RTP Segments - "Search Terms"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

RTP Segments - "Search Terms"

Hi all,

This is a basic question but I couldn't seem to find any information to clear it up.

In Marketo RTP, it is possible to segment a user based on "Search Terms".

Does this mean the term searched on a search engine before coming to the site, or a term searched for once already on the site?

If it's the former, I'm not sure how this would be possible with Google Secure Search.

Any input would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Luis

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Re: RTP Segments - "Search Terms"

It's from the search engine (at least in my case). You can still capture other search engines and some google stuff does seem to get through. I collect the information for a handful of keywords although I have not yet hooked them to any campaigns.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

It's from the search engine (at least in my case). You can still capture other search engines and some google stuff does seem to get through. I collect the information for a handful of keywords although I have not yet hooked them to any campaigns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Duane,

Thank you for clearing that up, much appreciated.

I wonder why some Google stuff gets through and some doesn't, surely it should be all or none?

May be a tough sell to use the functionality if I can't be sure what is getting though and what isn't, so I'll try to look into it further.

Kind regards,

Luis

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Not sure exactly. May be the difference between the end user being signed into google or not but again, I'm not sure. I collect search engine and term in alert emails and I see google ones come through.

Monika_HAL
Level 1

Hey Duane,

I've created a segment using search terms, where I did use our Most searched keywords. 

As per our criteria, when a lead searches for a keyword and endup visiting our webpage, when they visit the homepage they should be seeing a campaign that they last visited. 

When I try visiting a page using keywords, and I visit a page but the segments are not tracking my visits and so the campaigns are not showing up. 

Is there something wrong?