SOLVED

Re: REST API Lead Change Results with NULL Field Values

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

REST API Lead Change Results with NULL Field Values

Hey Nation,

I'm developing an application based on lead changes, and I noticed that, at least when querying the API for changes to leads' leadStatus, I get a number of lead change records where the 'fields' leaf is NULL. I have confirmed, via lead activity logs, that there are no lead status changes that correspond with the time stamps for these leads' NULL field changes. That said, can someone help me understand why I even get lead change records for queries specific to leadStatus?

I ask not to complain, but to help me make my app more robust and/or more intelligent. It's possible that knowing the range of potential reasons for time-stamped NULL results from lead change queries would provide an extra layer of intelligence for my application.

Thank you, in advance, for any insights you can share!

-JC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Check for conversion and merge events on the SFDC side.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

Check for conversion and merge events on the SFDC side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, ok. Thanks, Sanford.

Yeah, I do recall seeing some of those occurring at around the same times as the NULL field changes. That said, would you say that this is Marketo's way of saying, "just in case... here are other changes we can't easily categorize"?

-JC

SanfordWhiteman

Yep, that's a good way to put it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha. Ok, thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford,

Creating another application, and I noticed a - somewhat - similar situation to the above except that, in this case, the data (lead score updates) ARE there in these leads' activity logs, but apparently not accessible via Marketo API. I'm occasionally able to get ONE lead update, but that record still has a NULL field result and its date usually coincides with an SFDC sync. That said, I'm wondering just how similar the dynamics are to the above and why subsequent lead score changes wouldn't show up. Thoughts?

Hope you've had a great 2018 thus far.

-JC

SanfordWhiteman

Not sure exactly what you mean about getting the update here. Do you mean when you read via the Leads endpoint, a field shows up as null, despite in the Marketo UI having a non-null value?