SOLVED

Re: RCM: How can we create a transition from inventory to a wait step (SLA)?

Go to solution
Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

RCM: How can we create a transition from inventory to a wait step (SLA)?

Hi everyone, this is what the draft of our RCM looks like.

pastedImage_2.png

I can easily create transitions for the steps that go from inventory to inventory, like the arrow that is circled in red, the transition for that is this:

pastedImage_3.png

I am trying to create the transitions for Won => Wait 31 Days, and also for Lost => Wait 2 Months, and then also from the wait steps to the next inventory (i.e.: Wait 2 months => Recycle to Marketing), but I'm not sure how to do that in the smart list filter for those transitions. Does anyone have any idea how I can do this? I just don't know enough about RCM and the product docs aren't very helpful.

Do you think it should be like the transition from Won => Wait 31 Days is Lifecycle Status New value is Won. Then from Wait 31 days => Recycle to Marketing should be Lifecycle Status New value is Recycle to Marketing? Or is that too vague?

For additional context, I actually use smart campaigns under marketing activities that use triggers to this RCM and move people from one stage to the next. I'm not sure if that makes a difference in your answers to this question or not, but I figured I'd let you know.

Thanks!

-Leticia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

I think you've conceptually mixed up inventories and transitions.

You want to transition people from Won and Lost to "Recycle to" after 31 days and 2 months respectively. So do just that, leave people in Won/Lost for X days by creating a smart campaign e.g.

"Won => Recycle"

Smart list: [Trigger] Revenue Stage is Changed; New Stage = Won

Flow: wait 31 days, change revenue stage = Recycle To

You don't need an inventory for while people are in the wait step... but of course, you can if you want

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

I think you've conceptually mixed up inventories and transitions.

You want to transition people from Won and Lost to "Recycle to" after 31 days and 2 months respectively. So do just that, leave people in Won/Lost for X days by creating a smart campaign e.g.

"Won => Recycle"

Smart list: [Trigger] Revenue Stage is Changed; New Stage = Won

Flow: wait 31 days, change revenue stage = Recycle To

You don't need an inventory for while people are in the wait step... but of course, you can if you want

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

I definitely had it mixed up!! I do have a campaign already set to do that --for some reason I thought I needed a transition in the RCM for a wait step, to basically reflect what the campaigns are doing.

Thanks so much!

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

The transitions are not required for moving a record from an inventory stage to an SLA. You can simply implement a wait step to over the person record to the Inventory stage after the SLA.

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Thank you!!