SOLVED

RCA "looks" like it merges opps #lessonslearned

Go to solution
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

RCA "looks" like it merges opps #lessonslearned

Maybe a small one for you, but thought this would save anyone wondering what the hell is going on when 2 opps appear as 1 in RCA.

We had a situation where we were checking the values in RCA versus the values in SFDC for opportunity amount - we had two opps with exactly the same name in SFDC, which appeared  as 1 in an RCA Opportuntiy Analysis report.  We were looking at Amount.

In SFDC the values were exactly the same, so in RCA the one opp looked like it had been merged - it only appeared as one line.

Checking the volume showed us there were in fact 2 opps there, so although confusing there was no merging.

So, lesson learned is to try and make sure all opps have unique names (this can't be set on the field on SFDC).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: RCA "looks" like it merges opps #lessonslearned

This seems like an issue where you would put Opp Name on a Row and it would say "Opp Name" and then Opps Created=2 right?

So this makes sense to me since RCE has no idea what you were trying to do, it just tallies up matching rows and if the names match, it groups the counts together.

Your solution, if you wanted a clear list of Opps, is good. If you are trying to do this, however, an SFDC report is better. I tend to use RCE to understand marketing influence, not comb through opps. I get that you were trying to ensure RCE was pulling the right data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This seems like an issue where you would put Opp Name on a Row and it would say "Opp Name" and then Opps Created=2 right?

So this makes sense to me since RCE has no idea what you were trying to do, it just tallies up matching rows and if the names match, it groups the counts together.

Your solution, if you wanted a clear list of Opps, is good. If you are trying to do this, however, an SFDC report is better. I tend to use RCE to understand marketing influence, not comb through opps. I get that you were trying to ensure RCE was pulling the right data.

Mark_Farnell
Level 5

You're right Josh - that's what was happening.  We were running some opp reports in RCE to check the data matched in SFDC since we have to use a custom currency field to map to Amount in RCE. Sharing for the community in case they see some odd results that are (initially) hard to interpret.