RCA Program Revenue Stage Reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

RCA Program Revenue Stage Reporting

I'm trying to determine how many MQLs were generated by a program.  

When I use RCA to generate the report, the numbers are rediuculous low.  I've now discovered (via Marketo support) that this RCA report only reports MQLs for leads who were 'acquired'  by the program - that is to say not all program members are included in the report, only the small subset of members for which this was their acquisition program.

If I try to use the Model Performance (Leads) report instead, there is no measure for "program name".

Is anyone else struggling with running MQL reports by program in RCA?  I'm interested in hearing any work arounds. 
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RCA Program Revenue Stage Reporting

Hi Marci,

I'd love to better understand your requirements.  Let's say for example you had two Webinar programs A and B.  A lead achieves success in both of them, and then moves to MQL.

How many MQLs should each program get credit for?  1 each or split it (0.5) to avoid double counting?

TJ
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi TJ,

You bring up a great point about double counting MQLs.  Here's my example:

I'm doing B2B to targeted account selling.
I go to a tradeshow and scan hundreds of leads at my booth.  Some of these people are already in my lead database (meaning they were acquired by a different program). I run them through scoring and, based on their firmographic/demographic data, the lead advances to MQL.  Some of these leads may have been MQLs in the past but recycled (i.e. their renewed interest makes them an MQL again). 

To answer your question, yes, I want to count them as an MQL more than once... but, I want them counted in the program for which their activity (behavior) caused the lead 'contact status' to change to open. 

For example, if they just attend a tradeshow, they would not count as an MQL.  But, if they open the thank you email for that tradeshow, then they would score high enough to move the contact status to open.  I want that MQL (from opening their thank you note) to be counted in that tradeshow 'program'.

My ultimate goal is to determine, how many people from that tradeshow were worth follow-up.  If I didn't achieve my MQL goals, then I don't want to return to that tradeshow.  I know this is something Marketo can help me determine.  But, the RCA Program Analytics doesn't seem to report this way.  Either I have my programs setup incorrecty, or I'm totally using the wrong report.  Is there a different way I should be going about this reporting?  As a work around, I can use analytics, smart lists, data value change (status=open) but, this is not as elegant as using one report in RCA across all my programs for a given period of time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marci,

Thanks for the detailed response.  Very helpful.  Given that you want to count the MQL more than once, one possible solution is to use a Program Membership Analysis with a custom Lead field that flags the lead as being converted to MQL or not.  This doesn't mean the lead is necessarily an MQL today, but rather that it was converted to MQL at some point in the past, and it may or may not still be an MQL today.  See example below.
0EM50000000Rvej.jpg

For the first event, this report is showing that 2 leads have attended and clicked on the follow-up email AND have been converted to MQL.  The second event shows 3 leads that meet that same criteria.  If the same lead attends and clicks on the follow up email for both events, then it'll be double counted.

The one caveat about this report is that it doesn't tell you if the "attended and clicked on the follow-up email" event is what converted the lead to MQL.

TJ