Re: Quick Reference Guides/Cheatsheets for Salesforce Data & Smart List builds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Reference Guides/Cheatsheets for Salesforce Data & Smart List builds

Hello All,

I am looking for best practices and/or suggestions for creating support documentation that will provide our users with all the Salesforce data available to them in Marketo through our sync and how that data can be used to create Smart Lists. 

I work for a non-profit with over 85+ chapters across the US.  Each will be using Marketo for their email campaigns and I would like this documentation to help build a standard language/understanding across all of our locations.  I welcome any/all feedback.

Thanks!
Megan

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Megan, here's a good collection of Marketo help articles that will explain what Smart Lists are, how to build them, why use them, etc. I'd share this with your team or include it in your documentation.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDeepDive?id=kA5500000008T1aCAE

Since the Salesforce fields that are synced and available in Marketo are unique to each customer, you may need to create your own field list to share with them.

But I'd say there's a semi-easy way to do this. Go into Admin, then Field Management and click on the Field Mapping tab. You can export this list, which will make it easy to copy/paste the entire list of fields that are mapped.

0EM50000000TCWj.png

Hope this helps.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please see my documentation templates
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketo-guide-now-free-open-sourced-1400/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

Bruce- This shorcut will absolutely save me some time.  I was not aware that I could export to excel here.

Josh- I downloaded this resource as when we were still in the requirements  phase of our Marketo project and remember being super impressed.  I will definitely leverage this moving forward.  Thank you for sharing!