SOLVED

Re: Question about Roles/Access

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Question about Roles/Access

How can I create a role/give access to the below items without giving them access to my database?

1. Be able to create smart and static lists
  2. Be able to activate smart campaigns
  3. Be able to create leads/people (for testing match criteria)
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Let's be clear though: the items you suggest and the permissions requested will definitely allow someone to see Records in the database by virtue of having access to smart lists and schedule tab on the smart campaign. Allowing list import will grant access to the database.

Creating leads via  Form would minimize access to the database, but not totally remove it.

The reality is Marketo doesn't have fine grained permissions. But what you could do is:

• restrict what they can see/edit on Lead Database
  • Create Workspace/Partition that is for Testing only and cannot see the main database (longer to setup)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Danielle,

You could go into Role>inside Admin:

a. Access Marketing Activties>clone asset and edit asset

b. Access Marketing Activties>activate trigger smart campaign and schedule batch campaign

c. Access Marketing Activties>list imports (leads are created manually, list import, API, or form fill out)

Test it and I hope this helps!

CEO Magnetic Hype

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Let's be clear though: the items you suggest and the permissions requested will definitely allow someone to see Records in the database by virtue of having access to smart lists and schedule tab on the smart campaign. Allowing list import will grant access to the database.

Creating leads via  Form would minimize access to the database, but not totally remove it.

The reality is Marketo doesn't have fine grained permissions. But what you could do is:

• restrict what they can see/edit on Lead Database
  • Create Workspace/Partition that is for Testing only and cannot see the main database (longer to setup)
Danielle_Wong

Thanks Josh! I don't have experience with workspace/partitions. Hoping support would be able to help with this if needed!

Danielle_Wong

I'm not sure how to test it. But will explore what you suggested! Thank you Jessica!