SOLVED

Re: Question About Smart Campaign Wait Step

Go to solution
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Question About Smart Campaign Wait Step

Question a colleague sent me, was wondering if anyone had input on this

"

A lead enters the Campaign Jan 1 and in the campaign there is a 30 day wait step. So they complete the flow Feb 1.

Are they eligible to run through the campaign Feb 1 or March 1. – my hunch is that its 30 days from completing the flow not 30 days from entering the flow."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Malik Zafar

I agree with what Devraj has said however I am interpreting your colleague's question a bit differently.

She seems to be asking about when the lead is eligible to requalify for a campaign, if the campaign's qualification rules restrict it to once every 30 days. Does the 30 days start counting when the lead qualifies and enters the flow or when they complete the flow?

I am reasonably certain that this is evaluated based on the date they qualified and entered the flow - the length of the flow in days would be irrelevant.

So 30 days after they qualify, they could pass through it again.

I would structure things to ensure that the lead doesn't re-enter a flow they are already a part of, as things tend to become very unstable/unpredictable in that scenario.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Devraj_Grewal

Malik,

Could you provide a bit more information? In a smart campaign, a flow step of 30 days means when the lead reaches that step, they wait 30 days, then proceed with the rest of the flow steps. Or are you referring to how often the lead can run through this same smart campaign? In that case, you can adjust the settings in the schedule tab to allow the lead to run through once every X number of days.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

So the lead can go through the campaign once every 30 days but there's also a 30 day wait step.

Devraj_Grewal

What is the overall purpose of this campaign? That will provide some insight into how it can be done.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

The campaign is triggered when a lead qualifies as MQL. If the lead is still qualified as MQL 30 days later, the lead's status is changed.

I hope that helps, as that's what I got from my colleague.

Devraj_Grewal

So keep the trigger:

Data value changes: lead status: new value MQL

The flow can be:

wait 30 days

Remove from flow: if lead status IS NOT MQL

Change data value: lead status (to the new status)

This means once a lead status becomes MQL they wait 30 days and only if they are still lead status MQL after the 30 day wait, will their lead status be changed to something else. You can adjust the settings to have the lead run through every time since the lead will only qualify if they become MQL again.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Devraj Grewal​ thanks a bunch for your input - appreciate it sir! I relayed your response to my coworker - will let you know if she has any additional questions.

Justin_Norris1

Malik Zafar

I agree with what Devraj has said however I am interpreting your colleague's question a bit differently.

She seems to be asking about when the lead is eligible to requalify for a campaign, if the campaign's qualification rules restrict it to once every 30 days. Does the 30 days start counting when the lead qualifies and enters the flow or when they complete the flow?

I am reasonably certain that this is evaluated based on the date they qualified and entered the flow - the length of the flow in days would be irrelevant.

So 30 days after they qualify, they could pass through it again.

I would structure things to ensure that the lead doesn't re-enter a flow they are already a part of, as things tend to become very unstable/unpredictable in that scenario.