Query for Leads that are in Marketo but not in Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query for Leads that are in Marketo but not in Salesforce

I have a Salesforce app and since a lot of my clients use Marketo, I would like to integrate with Marketo too. How can I use the SOAP API to query for leads that are in Marketo but not in Salesforce? Any tips/guidelines would be appreciated. I'll be happy to provide details, if needed.
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Query for Leads that are in Marketo but not in Salesforce

The easiest is to create a Smart Campaign inside Marketo that adds those leads to a Static List. In the SOAP API you then download the members of that list. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt response, Jep. That would require my clients to set up the Smart Campaign and a Static List in addition to giving me the user_id and encryption_key for SOAP API access, right? I was hoping to find a solution that involves less work on part of the client.

Any ideas?
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Your best chance is to wait for the REST API that we'll launch this summer. That may add some new features that make it easier for the end user to install your app to work with Marketo. 
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

Yes there are other ways but I need to understand your use case lilttle better.  Are you querying this data on a lead by lead basis?  Or are you doing a nightly background job to do something with both SFDC and Marketo?

If you are interested in the REST API BETA and have an active subscription with Marketo, you can email us at restapibeta@marketo.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Jep for your input.

Calvin, we process Salesforce leads right now to provide some insights and our clients have indicated that they'd like us to look at their Marketo leads too. 

We would like the ability to periodically pull down all the new leads in Marketo, that haven't been synced to Salesforce.  
We use Salesforce triggers to inform us of every new lead coming into Salesforce - we'd like the ability to do so with new Marketo leads too.

Is the REST API  best suited for this purpose? I've already sent an email out to restapibeta@marketo.com . Hope to hear back soon.

Thanks Calvin!
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

Jep is right.  Sorry that I must have misunderstood your question.

Using batch campaign and static list is the easiest way.  Even in REST currently, you will also need to do the same thing.  The only difference is that REST actually returns some of the fields not returned by SOAP.  For example, SFDC ID and SFDC Type.

We will be provisioning your beta REST account this coming week.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Calvin. I'll wait to hear from you guys.