SOLVED

Query String contraint

Go to solution
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Query String contraint

When using the query string constraint on a filter (ex clicked on web page), the values listed are all counted as ORs right? So any of them would qualify?

Ex: Clicked on Web Page: ---
       Query string contains: (2) utm_medium=example; utm_campaign=2014campaignexample

So for this example wouldn't it qualify if you had utm_medium=example but NOT the campaign=2014campaignexample. It's an "or" situation. Or is that different for the query strings?

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Query String contraint

Correct, it's an OR

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Correct, it's an OR
Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

i have a situation with google dynamic query stings where i want to track 3 different parts of the query sting and they must have all. i can't just include the entire string asthere are dynamic parts in it that google adwords will add.

but if you list 3 things they are OR and i can't see how you can do advanced filters to make them AND

any ideas how i do this?

i want to track, for example:

query string contains= "utm_source=Google" AND "utm_campaign=Brand-Search-Beta"  AND "utm_creative=Connect-The-Dots"

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I can look into this. What if you add multiple filters with different "query string contains" constraints. Does that work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Justin,

I actually tried this solution of having multiple filters with "Query String Contains" and it doesn't work. It is treating these separate triggers as "OR" statements instead of as "AND" statements. I created several other smart campaigns of these with a separate querystring of organic and referral instead of paid. But the leads went through all of the smart campaigns because all of them contained Linkedin.

Capture.JPG

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yeah with trigger campaigns, any trigger will trigger the campaign. I was talking about adding multiple filters for a batch campaign.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Log an idea and I'll see if we can enhance the constraint to allow you to specify that ALL of the values must be present.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Justin, and everybody!

Did anybody find a way to correctly track a longer UTM parameter in the query string constraint for a web page visit?

I'm trying to track:

visits webpage [is] Webinar-Make Your Products Shine on the Digital Shelf.Landing Page

query string [contains] "utm_source=Paid%20Search&utm_channel=Google&utm_offer=Webinar-Make%20Your%20Products%20Shine%20on%20the%20Digital%20Shelf"

Doesn't seem to be working, and I'm not sure as to why?

Michael_Bertran
Level 1

I have the same question as Bobby. It would be great to be able to inspect the query string of any given website visit. Is this currently possible at all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Michael,

You have to replace the % signs with _ , because that's what Marketo does for PAGE visits.

So

utm_source=Paid%20Search&utm_channel=Google&utm_offer=Webinar-Make%20Your%20Products%20Shine%20on%20the%20Digital%20Shelf

would be

utm_source=Paid_20Search&utm_channel=Google&utm_offer=Webinar-Make_20Your_20Products_20Shine_20on_20the_20Digital_20Shelf