Q. Relative (and reverse) transition rules in Engagement Programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Q. Relative (and reverse) transition rules in Engagement Programs

Hello all

I'm putting together engagement programs with three main streams: Why Change, Why Now and Why Us. In these streams I will present statistics and various forms of content with increasingly aggressive CTAs.

Why Change ->Why Now ->Why Us
Content AContent X (related to content A)Case Study / Stats (related to content A+X)
Content BContent Y (related to content B)Case Study / Stats (related to content B+Y)
Content CContent Z (related to content C)Case Study / Stats (related to content C+Z)

I would like leads to follow the journey of related content, so that the Why Change is addressed by the relevant Why Now message, followed by the relevant case study/stats. I have built and understand that this is possible through Engagement Programs, however I would like the option to move a lead who has engaged with Content A, but then has not engaged with Content X, to be moved back to "Why Change" to receive Content B. I'd also like a lead to be able to go from Content C to Content Z without first receiving X&Y. Essentially another dimension of engagement, a degree of engagement relativism, and the ability to 'demote' through the engagement program.

Is this possible?

Does anyone have any experience with something similar?

What are the potential hurdles?

There are going to be tens of these programs (depending on the lead segmentation) so I would rather avoid building a complex network of smart campaigns if possible.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Q. Relative (and reverse) transition rules in Engagement Programs

I think you can do this, but you're going to have use streams (and possibly a lot of them) with transition rules for each around probably clicked link. This feels a lot like one of those logic puzzles where you should write out all possible logical outcomes (streams) and then create their transition rules. I think this is possible (provided you can wrap your brain around this) but I think an easier work around might be to create a segmentation around what part of your funnel they're in (or use the modeler). Then serve up the content based around what part of the funnel and/or tailor the message. Although it seems like you want to base most of this off of what content they've digested, so that might not work exactly. (But hypothetically you might be able to create segmentations around what content has been digested, and at the very least, number of pieces digested).

I am not sure how scalable this is just because it seems time consuming to think of all potential outcomes. But good luck!