SOLVED

Pull list of emails sent to a contact

Go to solution
Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Pull list of emails sent to a contact

Hi Everyone,

I have a contact list of around 100K contacts and need to pull all the emails or if that makes the scenario complex at least the recent email that was being sent to these contacts. Is there any automated way to pull this list?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Pull list of emails sent to a contact

Unfortunately, Smart Lists aren't built to "center" email assets in this way.

Smart Lists report which leads received an email (any email or specified emails) — but not the reverse, which emails a specified list of leads received.

It's relatively simple to get this data via the API, though. Run an Activity Export job, constrained by a Static List ID and Activity Type Send Email. (Of course I realize I'm probably getting ahead of myself... you do need to be a developer or have one to call.)

But note the Send Email activity is only retained for 90 days. So if you haven't already been exporting data for offline use, you can't get all the emails, no matter what.

In the future, consider using a trigger Smart Campaign to stamp the Last Email Delivered to a field. That would make the exercise far simpler going forward, at least for the getting the most recent.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Unfortunately, Smart Lists aren't built to "center" email assets in this way.

Smart Lists report which leads received an email (any email or specified emails) — but not the reverse, which emails a specified list of leads received.

It's relatively simple to get this data via the API, though. Run an Activity Export job, constrained by a Static List ID and Activity Type Send Email. (Of course I realize I'm probably getting ahead of myself... you do need to be a developer or have one to call.)

But note the Send Email activity is only retained for 90 days. So if you haven't already been exporting data for offline use, you can't get all the emails, no matter what.

In the future, consider using a trigger Smart Campaign to stamp the Last Email Delivered to a field. That would make the exercise far simpler going forward, at least for the getting the most recent.

Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman it makes a lot of sense.