Provide content to landing pages and emails from external source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Provide content to landing pages and emails from external source

Hello,
  We provide content for all of our clients and a few use marketo and want to get our content into their emails and landing pages.  After pouring through the SOAP api and trying things out with tokens, etc. there just doesn't seem to be a good way to do this, as far as I can see, so, hoping this message helps get any other feedback.

The Use Case
1 - Client all ready has segments of clients, and wants to send different emails to those segments of users and the content in the email would be different per segment.  Part of the email content would come from us, based on the Segment.
2 - Client wants control of sending the emails, no one else.

So, I had looked at tokens, but found this:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PirKAAS

which says you can not create a Program Level token by itself. 
I thought this would be great, because i could create segment tokens, like my.<segment name> and each week, or day, depending on when the client finds content in our system, we could update that token with the html of the content.

However, if you look at the way you can update tokens, you can really only do it on sending of a campaign, but the client wants control of sending the campaign.

Looked at custom objects, but that requires professional services to get custom objects setup. No idea of it that is a cost to our clients or not.  we could easily setup the names/etc of the objects needed and have the clients ask for those to be done, but if there is a cost associated with it, that is a no go. It does look like we could sync to a custom object though.

My questions
1 - Maybe I am missing something on the Tokens? Is there a way to set program level tokens for clients to use without having to send campaigns? or, maybe some other path of doing this using the API that I missed?
2 - is this doable with custom objects? is there a cost in setting up custom objects?
3 - any other ways to funnel content into a email or landing page from an external source?

Thannks,
Scott

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Provide content to landing pages and emails from external source

im wondering if you can do something with javascript. the jquery .load method allows you to get content and put it into a div by id or class: from the examples... $("#result").load("ajax/test.html");

load also works with remote hosts, or you could try the .get method

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can use jquery in email template? if so, then yes, that could work. if not, I don't think javascript will be a path that could work there.
it would probably work on a landing page, but trying to find a solution that works for both.
Anonymous
Not applicable

im almost postive that you can use jquery (or at the very least you can call the library yourself)..

if you were looking for a full html solution, iframe is probably the most "standards complient" and most predictable method
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok - but, javascript and iframes don't work in emails.  So, how to get it to work for emails?