Re: Pros & Cons to syncing to a Salesforce Custom Object

Marcel_Hobizal
Level 1

Pros & Cons to syncing to a Salesforce Custom Object

I'm new to Marketo but a well-seasoned 9 year Salesforce Administrator.  I am curious about the pros and cons of setting-up Marketo to sync to a Custom Object.  The Marketo Sync User records seem to clutter our Active History Related List in Salesforce.  This is definitely great information to have for our Sales Reps.  However, I am looking at creating a custom object for this information to be synced to. Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Wyatt_Bales4
Level 4

Hi Marcel,

Are you thinking of creating a Salesforce Custom Object where the Marketo's Sync User updates/changes are stored? If so, I would avoid doing this mainly because Marketo cannot write to a Salesforce Custom Object. The Marketo Sync User updates should really only be visible to the sales team on an Activity Log panel where they can see when a lead was changed. Perhaps your page layouts are different hence the clutter feeling.

I am pretty confident your concerns can be addressed by either changing the Sync User permissions or the rep's page layout.

Marcel_Hobizal
Level 1

Hi Wyatt,

Thanks for replying!  We ended up turning off the Activity Syncing to Salesforce and all the syncing is going into the Marketo Sales Insight section of Salesforce.