Re: Property Sheet for LP elements not appearing

Jamye_Breidenba
Level 3

Property Sheet for LP elements not appearing

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Landing Page Designer? Whenever I add an element to my landing page, the property sheet is not showing the various options to edit that specific element.

For example, when I add a rich text element, click on the element to highlight it, and select the drop down menu for the property sheet - nothing appears.

I understand the landing page "mobile" update is in beta at the moment, but you are heavily impacting my limited amount of production time. I need to get pages built and I can't.
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

From my understanding, the property sheet is not yet available for use on mobile friendly landing pages.

Hopefully that will be updated soon!
Jamye_Breidenba
Level 3

Thanks for the reply, Tara. I'm not using the property sheet for the "mobile" landing page though. I was simply trying to create/edit a landing page for use with an email blast.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

The property sheet is available in mobile, just certain attributes are omitted that won't impact the mobile view (e.g. width). 

Jamye, If you're having trouble expanding the property sheet please contact support. That certainly shouldn't be happening. Feel free to email me as well, I'd like to look into that. 
Jamye_Breidenba
Level 3

Hi Justin - Thanks for your attention on this. My operations manager reported the issue to Marketo Support this morning via email. I'll have to search for the support ticket number, but I'll forward you my message which highlights a couple examples where I was experiencing some issues.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue Re: the property sheet, mainly that I would like the page to 'fill' the screen but the property sheet shows up as blank, so i am unable to edit the width properties. I can change width in the main body but all that seems to do is extend the right hand side only, leaving the left grey and a disproportionate screen on the approved page....

Do i have to contact support or is there a simpler issue to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Shaun

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Give me an example of what you're trying to do and I will tell you how it should work:

• Tell me what type of Landing Page you are using: Guided or Free-form?
  • In Free-form, are you trying to edit properties in the "Mobile" tab or "Desktop"?
  • Are you trying to edit the property of an "Content Element" or a "Template Element"?
  • What is the exact element you are trying to modify and what are you trying to do?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin,

Appreciate the help. I appear to have finally cracked it, with a little (a lot!) of playing around.

Thanks again.

Shaun

Adam_Mokrzecki1
Level 2

I know this thread is pretty old, but any chance we can get an update on what the resolution was? 

I'm in the process of doing a marketo-to-marketo migration and I've run into a similar issue. After migrating one of the older landing pages that's using a free form template we found that the elements were not editable and the property sheet menu would not expand. It's only on the migrated LP. I can create a new LP from the template created from that migration without any issue. 

Thanks!

Adam