Re: Project Management Tools and Integrations

Lauren_McCorma1
Level 1

Project Management Tools and Integrations

Hey there, fellow Marketo magicians!

Anybody out there currently using Jeto with a project management platform? Or even Jeto with a marketing intake form?

We are evaluating LiquidPlanner and Airtable, and we'd love for a Jeto request to automatically create a new task/project in the PM tool we eventually select.

Would love to hear how you all are automating your marketing request processes.

Thanks,
Lauren

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't trigger (within Marketo itself) on activities like cloning a new program, if that's what you mean. (Doesn't matter if it's API-driven like with Jeto or via the UI, it's not a hookable event.)

Lauren_McCorma1
Level 1

While we can't trigger off of program creation, we can currently trigger off of the email notification we receive when a request form is submitted. It then creates a card in Trello for us. We're looking at more scalable PM systems like LiquidPlanner and Airtable and wondering if the same capabilities exist. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you already have a trigger to base it on, and the trigger context (a dynamic {{my.token}} value, for example) contains the necessary information, then you can do anything else you want with that data by relaying it via webhook.

LiquidPlanner and Airtable both have robust APIs. You will need to have an intermediate webhook gateway that Marketo communicates with first, then the gateway updates the remote service. (This is to handle payload translation and security tokens.)

David_Desrosie2
Level 4

(Disclosure: I work on the Jeto product team) I can definitely see a big benefit of doing this and avoid duplicate entries. Some webhook/API integration seems to be the right way to go. 

We have plans to add webhook capabilities to Jeto in the (very) near future, so that campaign creation in Jeto can not only create a Marketo program but also pass campaign details to other apps such as pm tools, google calendar, etc.  This eventually opens the door to tapping into ipaas platforms such as zapier and ifttt and access even more prebuilt connectors.

We also use liquid planner internally. It’s very flexible and and I was told the API is solid. 

I’d be more than happy to discuss into more details offline. The person on our dev team who worked on LP API integration is on PTO but i’m sure he would be happy to share his thoughts on it as well.