Re: Progressive profiling - not working

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Progressive profiling - not working

Hi Marketo community!

I have a confusing issue with a form. I have enable progressive profiling for that form where two fields show up as the one before is filled. The fields are -  first name, last name, job title and company. I have embedded this form inside a website. Here is what happens when I run tests with fake leads:

• First name filled, last name empty - when you come back to the page the other two fields are visible (last name & job title)
  • Last name filled - when you come back nothing happens.
    Ideal behavior should be for the other two fields to be visible (job title & company)
7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's not the way ProgPro works. It shows up to a certain number of empty fields. If you want to re-show *non-empty* fields (bit circular IMO) then you need to implement that logic using JS.

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Hello,

So what you mean to say is that the form only pops up once again to show all the empty fields? I'm confused on what you mean by non-empty fields because progressing profiling does not show them and neither do I want it to.

I wish for the form to show only the empty fields after the filled field.

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

I wish for the form to show only the empty fields after the filled field.

Progressive Profiling shows up to N empty fields in the ProgPro block each time you view the form.

Say you have 4 fields in the block (Field A, Field B, Field C, Field D) and the form is set to show 2 empty fields. On the first form view, you fill out only Field A. The next form view will show Field B and Field C

Without a link to your page there's nothing more i can do.

Chemmalar_Edwi1
Level 2

Hello again,

You are right and I have set the form to show two empty fields. Once I fill field A, field B and field C were reflected on the form.

The second time I filled field B and came back to the page. The problem is - the form itself did not pop up. I'm not sure if this is a marketo issue or the webpage issue.

I hope I'm making sense ?

Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman

You'd have to provide a link.

ProgPro doesn't have a mode where the whole form is hidden.

Yan_Hristov
Level 2

@SanfordWhiteman can I ask you for help with progressive profiling as well? 

SanfordWhiteman

You could open a new thread in Products: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Products/ct-p/products...