SOLVED

Re: Progressive profiling issues

Go to solution
Yan_Hristov
Level 2

Progressive profiling issues

Hi guys, having some issues with progressive profiling.

Please see my form setup attached below. The idea is to get two iterations:

First view
Email 

First Name

Last Name

Phone

Notice
Email opt in

Phone opt in

SMS opt in

Mail opt in

Second view
Email

Job Title

Company
Country

However, the issue I am coming across is that once the form is filled in, it automatically pre-fills on the second view and never asks for the extra fields. I have disabled pre-fill on all fields, yet, no difference. Any ideas?

Form design.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't have Known Visitor HTML ("If Known Visitor, Show Custom HTML" in Form Settings) enabled and also have Progressive Profiling.

The 2 are mutually exclusive, because KV HTML means "If the Munchkin session is associated, hide [the entire] form" while ProgPro means "If the Munchkin session is associated, see which fields have/haven't been filled in and show the empty ones."

So it's not that your form "automatically prefills" (KV HTML doesn't rely on Pre-Fill, nor does ProgPro).  It's that it sees your session is already associated at all with a known record in your db, and thus hides the form.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman

Pls link to a page with your form so I don't have to recreate it?
Yan_Hristov
Level 2

Done, please see in my other reply 

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Yan_Hristov ,

1. Ensure Pre-fill is enabled for field ->  Email.
  2. Approve form -> Approved Marketo landing page.
  3. Send yourself a Marketo link to page. Make sure link is tracked (to be transparent you will need a mkt_tok  in the link).
  4. Fill out form
  5. Go back to original email and click the link to the Landing page again. It should prefill email and give you other fields.
  6. Pre-fill needs a few components to work. The newest change is arriving to the web page view a link (April 2019).
  7. https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Knowledgebase/Form-Pre-Fill-Feature-Upgrade/ta-p/251652

I think you are missing step 5 to get it to work as intended. 

SanfordWhiteman

ProgPro works without Pre-Fill, though.

Oz_Platero
Level 6

Define "works". 🤣

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Configure+Form+Progressive+Profiling

Note

For this feature to work properly, make sure Form Pre-Fill is enabled for visible fields, and disabled for hidden fields.

Admittedly, I had to refresh my memory on it when I posted and noticed the note at the top.  Can it work consistently and reliably without pre-fill contrary to their documentation?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes. ProgPro works on non-Marketo pages, with just the embed code (and without my custom Pre-Fill JS) because they're not interdependent.
SanfordWhiteman

You can't have Known Visitor HTML ("If Known Visitor, Show Custom HTML" in Form Settings) enabled and also have Progressive Profiling.

The 2 are mutually exclusive, because KV HTML means "If the Munchkin session is associated, hide [the entire] form" while ProgPro means "If the Munchkin session is associated, see which fields have/haven't been filled in and show the empty ones."

So it's not that your form "automatically prefills" (KV HTML doesn't rely on Pre-Fill, nor does ProgPro).  It's that it sees your session is already associated at all with a known record in your db, and thus hides the form.

Yan_Hristov
Level 2

Hi @SanfordWhiteman , you were correct of course. The If Known Visitor, Show Custom HTML was indeed selected.

I changed it and the form does appear now. However, it still doesn't ask for the extra fields the second time around. Could it be because all fields are set as mandatory (hope not and Marketo is smarter than that)? Here is a page with the form - https://content.comms.euromoneyplc.com/WC-EGO-Asia-InterestRegistrations-YH_LP1-RegisterInterest-YH.... 
(do excuse the design, a work in progress)

SanfordWhiteman

Are fields like doNotSMSdoNotMail, etc. Boolean fields in Marketo? B/c you're not passing Boolean-convertible values.