SOLVED

Re: Progressive profiling fields above required fields?

Go to solution
florenzoNIP
Level 2

This is exactly what I am trying to do! But I am so confused. Can someone send a sample of the code that needs to be edited? And where to access the code in the form? I am very new to Marketo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Sanford. It gives me plenty to chew on to get forms the way we'd like them. Too bad the tool doesn't have the flexibility to allow more variation of forms.
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

This is an awesome workaround, as I'm trying to do the same thing, but for some reason, I can't get it to work on my end. Is it only the one snippet of code in the rawHTML section that needs to be added?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, although that's a really old method and now I'd do it like this:

MktoForms2 :: Reorder Fields

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Thanks, Sanford! For some reason, this still isn't working for me. Does it matter if you have hidden fields (for URL parameters) or the max number of ProgPro fields you have?

SanfordWhiteman

What's the URL?

Hiddens and the # of fields aren't important. It's basic DOM manipulation so if there aren't any syntax errors and all the code is in place, it'll work.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sandy, where would you place this code on a Marketo guided LP?

SanfordWhiteman

You can place it in a <script> before the closing <body> tag. Alternately, you can put in the <head> as long as you wrap it with

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function(){

// dependent code here

});

Remember to include the remote <script> with id="teknklFormsPlus-0.2.0-tag" as well (it's on the left-hand-side in CodePen).

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Have you ever run into any issues with this/is there anything in the code that would cause the form to duplicate? We got it working, but the form appears twice on the page (I knew I should've taken that javascript class in college).

SanfordWhiteman

I assume you're running loadForm() twice. On Mkto LPs, loadForm() is done for you, so if you do it again it'll render the form twice in the <form> tag.