SOLVED

Re: Progressive Profiling visibility rules

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Profiling visibility rules

Hello,

Is it possible to add visibility logic to the progressive profiling fields? I have a qualifier question which exists outside of the progressive profiling section of the form. I only want the progressive profiling questions to appear for that lead (i.e. next time they visit) if they satisfy the qualifier question appropriately.

Can this be done through the regular form interface or will it require coding to the form?

Thank you         

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As I mentioned above, if the first block of N ProgPro fields are hidden due to Visibility Rules, for as long as they remain empty, the person will never see any more ProgPro fields. It doesn't matter if the subsequent blocks of ProgPro fields would be hidden via VRs or not, they won't be available in the form at all because the person hasn't "gotten to them" yet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Is it possible to add visibility logic to the progressive profiling fields? I have a qualifier question which exists outside of the progressive profiling section of the form. I only want the progressive profiling questions to appear for that lead (i.e. next time they visit) if they satisfy the qualifier question appropriately.

Yes, that works fine... but only if you look at it in a vacuum.

The complication is those hidden fields (hidden via VRs) still count toward the max ProgPro fields to show.  So if you have

pastedImage_1.png

and the first 2 fields are hidden and empty because the qualifier question doesn't have a certain answer, the form won't ever show the next 2 fields.

So in the end you do need to enhance w/JS to make this work in concert with other features.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sandford.

What if I was trying to hide/unhide the whole progressive profiling block of questions based on the answer from the qualifier? I think I would have to add the visibility logic to every question, but it might be easier to do with some JS work.

SanfordWhiteman

As I mentioned above, if the first block of N ProgPro fields are hidden due to Visibility Rules, for as long as they remain empty, the person will never see any more ProgPro fields. It doesn't matter if the subsequent blocks of ProgPro fields would be hidden via VRs or not, they won't be available in the form at all because the person hasn't "gotten to them" yet.