Progressive Profiling - progressive fields not showing up

Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

Re: Progressive Profiling - progressive fields not showing up

That's so interesting.

I just tried it again on a different computer.

1st time filling it out: I am given the standard 5 fields (fn, ln, company, email, postal code) PLUS 2 progressive fields (industry and job title)

2nd time filling it out: I am given the standard 5 fields PLUS only 1 progressive field (number of employees)

3rd time filling it out: I am ONLY given the standard 5 fields.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Re: Progressive Profiling - progressive fields not showing up

Remember that if you already have values in those fields you'll skip them. Progressive Profiling only works on "virgin" fields.  This is why I recommend people steer away from it if they ask questions that reference a current point in time, such as your typical Budget and Time to Purchase questions.

If you have a Time-to-Purchase question and I respond with 12 months, 18 months from now it'll still say 12 months. Anything I do will re-score me with 12 months in that field. I'm very hesitant to use PP as a result.

Also, you better feel very confident that you're going to get multiple form completes.

I think PP is great for surveys on likes and dislikes. "Do you like fudge?" The answer is yes today and yes tomorrow. "Do you like Nickleback?" I will probably not suddenly come around to being a Nickleback fan. But "Are you currently budgeted?" Now that's a bad one. That's asking if I have money on me now. I do not. Tomorrow I might, but you'll be asking me something else tomorrow and you'll forever think of me as that dude who doesn't have money.

Robb Barrett