Progressive Profiling - progressive fields not showing up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Profiling - progressive fields not showing up

I have a global content download form which is set up with progressive profiling fields.  The follow up page is a separate global Thank You landing page, and I have set it so that the form (as opposed to custom HTML) will show if known visitor.

The form is used on multiple content landing pages.  I test on landing page 1 that uses the form, and see that the non-progressive profiling fields pop up for me.  I fill these out and when I submit the form, everything works as expected.  I go to landing page 2 that uses the same form, and expect to see pre-filled fields from having filled them out on landing page 1, plus additional progressive profiling fields.  Unfortunately, I see the same fields without pre-filled data, and I don't see further progressive profiling fields.

What do I need to do to get progressive profiling to work?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Progressive Profiling - progressive fields not showing up

Are you using the same browser for both tests?  That will affect the pre form fill I believe.  Also, are you refreshing your browser before you go to form #2, try that and see if you are still having problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jamie, tried both suggestions (new browser, refresh browser by emptying cache) and it still hasn't changed for me.  Not sure what else I'm missing here!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you approve the form?  Maybe you are still using the old version

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, you may need to approve the Landing pages that use the form.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you have a link to the page? and a screen of the Form? Can't help you if it's this vague.

I suspect there are settings wrong on the Form or that Progressive isn't really on.

The default Form action is to Show the Form, so not sure why you say this explicitly. I'm wondering if you set something incorrectly or there's a script on the page that's interfering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a link to the page with the form: http://info.nopsec.com/Think-Like-A-Hacker-Vulnerability-Risk-Management-New-Approach.html

Not sure how helpful this page is now to help with the audit as I have since removed progressive profiling from the form.  When progressive profiling was on, it was set to show only the first three fields and subsequent fields when visitor returns, and data for first three fields is already captured.  I tested as a returned visitor on different days, through different channels (directly from website, from email) and on different browsers, but I would see only the first three fields always.  

Appreciate any tips you may have for where else I should dig into.  You mentioned scripts?

I have inherited this instance of Marketo, and it was set to Show Custom HTML.  I merely updated it to Show the Form, the default.

Thanks!

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Can you also share a screenshot of the progressive profiling settings on the form and the landing page settings under Admin?

Erin_Cavanaugh
Level 3

I think I am having the same issue.

My landing page is approved and my progressive form is approved. I put the form on the page and when I tested it the first time I see my standard fields and 2 of the progressive fields (I used 2 for the number of blank fields) I hit submit and everything is working fine.

I test the form again expecting to see the standard fields again and the next 2 progressive fields. But I'm only seeing the standard fields.

Here is a link to my test landing page with the form on it: http://pages.gs1us.org/Erin-form-test_Landing-page-2.html 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Looks to be working for me.

pastedImage_0.png

...select...

pastedImage_1.png

...post...

pastedImage_2.png