Progressive Profiling Since the Form Pre-fill Change

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Progressive Profiling Since the Form Pre-fill Change

With the recent change the end of last month to how form pre-fill operates--namely that pre-fill only works if someone comes to a form from the tracking link of an email--I'm told that this doesn't affect progressive profiling functionality. I know progressive profiling doesn't need pre-fill to work, but isn't pre-fill a huge part of improving the user experience when it comes to prog prof?

If someone completes a form with 5 fields, and they return to your website the next day (not as the result of an email), yes prog prof will "work", in the sense that new fields will now be added to the end of the form, but won't it now just show 6 or 7 blank fields, including the ones they filled yesterday? Isn't this making the user experience worse? Am I misunderstanding?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Progressive Profiling Since the Form Pre-fill Change

If someone completes a form with 5 fields, and they return to your website the next day (not as the result of an email), yes prog prof will "work", in the sense that new fields will now be added to the end of the form, but won't it now just show 6 or 7 blank fields, including the ones they filled yesterday? Isn't this making the user experience worse? Am I misunderstanding?

Fields in your Progressive Profiling block that have non-empty values in Marketo (or non-false in the case of Booleans) are not shown on the form. 

That's the way ProgPro has always worked. You don't see blank ProgPro fields on embedded Marketo forms -- where Pre-Fill has never been supported out-of-the-box, but ProgPro is supported.