SOLVED

Progressive Profiling Fields Not Showing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Profiling Fields Not Showing

It seems to be the norm that if a field in the "progressive profiling" section of the form is already filled out by the end user, it will not show the next time said user visits the form. This is good if there are more progressive fields to show to the user, but what if, for example, we have all the info we ask for from a particular end user already. The result is that their forms show up as super short with only the non-progressive profile fields showing up.

Like this:

Unknown.png

It looks funny because the form is now shorter than the sidebar box that we have created for this form on our website. I'd rather have the number of progressive profile fields that I "allow" to show at a time, still show even if they are filled out. This lets the user change and update their information as needed and makes the format of our forms more consistent and look better.

Is there any way to achieve this or once the user has completed all progressive profile fields, that is just how it is?

Thanks,

Allison

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Progressive Profiling Fields Not Showing

Pretty easy as these things go.

Create a clone of the form that has the "final" set of fields you want to show when PP is complete.

In the whenReady for the PP form, check to see how many fields are present. If it's just the base 4 fields, then swap the form for the final form.

Alternately, you can build your own PP implementation entirely, which isn't tough if you're on a Mkto LP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Allison,

There isn't currently a way to accomplish what you described.  What I would suggest instead is to have your background dependent on the size of the form.  I'm not a designer, but it seems like there should be a way to have the form load, and had the background match the size that actually loads.  That's what I'd try to do anyway.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, John. That's what I figured but wanted to be sure there wasn't some setting I could change to allow them to still show. Thanks for your quick response - and yes, I will see about some design tweaks to the background.

SanfordWhiteman

Allison, if you see my response (which overlapped with yours) there actually is a way to do this.

SanfordWhiteman

Pretty easy as these things go.

Create a clone of the form that has the "final" set of fields you want to show when PP is complete.

In the whenReady for the PP form, check to see how many fields are present. If it's just the base 4 fields, then swap the form for the final form.

Alternately, you can build your own PP implementation entirely, which isn't tough if you're on a Mkto LP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh thanks! Will definitely have to check this out. Very cool.