SOLVED

Progression Statuses Update in Program - Do I start from scratch or can I update current one?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Progression Statuses Update in Program - Do I start from scratch or can I update current one?

I have a program that has been running using old progression statuses. I'd like to start reporting off our new progression statuses (both in Marketo & SFDC) but don't want to lose old data. Is it best to just start a new program and new SFDC campaign with the correct progression statuses OR is there an easy way to update old progression statuses in both systems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Progression Statuses Update in Program - Do I start from scratch or can I update current one?

Hi Julie,

YOU cannot change the channel of a program that has members or when it is synch'ed with and SFDC Campaign. And changing the statuses in the channel admin would have severe consequences on all programs that use that same channel an would cause trouble in the program sync with SFDC campaign.

So I am afraid you do not have a choice here, you will need to start with a new program.

Now if you do not care much about dates at which the statuses were given, you can populate your new program easily with a smart campaign.

Filter : member of Old program, old status is X

flow step : add to program, New status is Y (corresponding to X)

Sorry for the bad news.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Progression Statuses Update in Program - Do I start from scratch or can I update current one?

Hi Julie,

YOU cannot change the channel of a program that has members or when it is synch'ed with and SFDC Campaign. And changing the statuses in the channel admin would have severe consequences on all programs that use that same channel an would cause trouble in the program sync with SFDC campaign.

So I am afraid you do not have a choice here, you will need to start with a new program.

Now if you do not care much about dates at which the statuses were given, you can populate your new program easily with a smart campaign.

Filter : member of Old program, old status is X

flow step : add to program, New status is Y (corresponding to X)

Sorry for the bad news.

-Greg

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Greg,

You're right about not being able to change the channel of a program with member currently in it, but you can update the channel statuses.

That being said, I think I would probably agree with you that creating a new channel would be best.

John

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Julie,

It is possible to update statuses in Marketo programs by going to Admin > Tags > Channels > (Channel Name).

You do need to be careful, as renaming the statuses here will rename them in all programs running in that channel, and don't copy/paste anything from one status to another when editing a channel.  This can cause the statuses to be mislabled/miscalculated.

If you have your program synced with an SFDC campaign you'll also need to be sure to update the statuses on the SFDC side so they match in both order and name.  This will ensure that the sync can continue between the two without issue.

I think I would agree with Greg above that adding a new channel would probably be the safest way to go though.

John

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi John,

It's not a good idea indeed to update statuses if other programs are using the same channel. Too many risks of error and of creating disorders in the other programs or in the sync with SFDC.

Best regards,

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg & John,

This is what I thought. I will just create a new program.

Thanks for your comments!

Julie

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Julie,

Please close you question (mark it as resolved), so that it gets out of the radar 🙂

-Greg