Re: Problems with On24 sending confirmation emails?

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Problems with On24 sending confirmation emails?

We use On24 for handling our webinar registrations, and I've noticed a weird trend where more often than not, my company's employees will NOT receive the confirmation email (sent by On24). It only appears to happen when using @mycompany.com, but if I use my personal emails (@gmail, @yahoo, etc) -- I receive the confirmations fine.

I've checked and when using my company email I pass into Marketo fine and then into On24 fine as well, so I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

I'm working with our IT team to identify if it's a possible email server problem, but I'm curious if anyone has encountered a similar problem or not?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you reached your global communication limits from Marketo? 
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

That might be it... but if On24 is sending the confirmation emails, and not Marketo, would this still be a possibility?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

Did you say that the email is coming from ON24?  If so, have you tried to contact their support org?

"my company's employees will NOT receive the confirmation email (sent by On24)."

Thanks,
Cheryl
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

The confirmation is coming from ON24 and I have spoken with their support... basically they pointed me at my IT team and my IT team is pointing me at Marketo.

According to my IT team, they are seeing that I've received several confirmations from ON24, though I have none of them in my inbox, spam folder, or anywhere I can in my mailbox.

Interestingly enough, some colleagues have received the confirmations fine, which makes me wonder if Murtza could be right and that despite ON24 sending the confirmation, if the communication limit is still somehow coming into play?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure why your IT team is pointing you to Marketo.  If the email is coming out of ON24 then it is an issue with your email servers not processing the email (Whitelisting, etc.).  The email is not coming through the Marketo server so I am not sure how we could help you.  If it's not a Marketo created email, then Communication LImits will not come into play.  Are you 100% sure the email is coming out of ON24?