SOLVED

Previewing dynamic content in emails

Go to solution
Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Previewing dynamic content in emails

I've created dynamic content for an industry nurture campaign. I've gone to preview the email and the various segmented content from the main email dashboard home screen but it doesn't give me the option to select the relevant segment in preview mode. The only way I can seem to do this is by editing the email, then selecting preview. I just want to check that I've set all this up correctly and that being unable to preview the segments without editing is just a functionality issue.

I'm pretty sure it's fine but thought I'd double check as it seems a bit odd that you can't preview segmented content without being in edit mode?

Accessing preview from email home screen (can't view dynamic content)
pastedImage_5.png

Accessing preview from edit mode (able to view dynamic content):

pastedImage_7.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Previewing dynamic content in emails

Thats because you need to 'Preview Draft' by right clicking on the email and choosing that option.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 11.37.10.png

You won't see the segmentation until you approve the email and then when you click 'Preview Email' the segmented version will appear.

Thanks

Juli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Julz_James
Level 10

Thats because you need to 'Preview Draft' by right clicking on the email and choosing that option.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 11.37.10.png

You won't see the segmentation until you approve the email and then when you click 'Preview Email' the segmented version will appear.

Thanks

Juli

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Great - thanks for clarifying, makes sense