SOLVED

Re: Previewing RTP campaigns targeting different industries

Go to solution
Mark_Emond7
Level 3

Previewing RTP campaigns targeting different industries

Hello

Can anyone tell me how to preview/test RTP campaigns that target different industries (without asking our customers within those industries to do a screen sharing of what they see on our website)?

Thanks
Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

To verify that your campaign will be displayed to the right visitors you can create the segment and let it run for a few days before launching the campaign.

Then, find your segment on the segments page and click the 'Distinct Visitors' to see the visitors that matched it:
0EM50000000TBPQ.png
You'll then see a list of organizations that matched the segment and you can verify they all meet your targeting criteria.

In order to test the actuall CTA they will see, you have 2 options :
1. Use the preview option in the campaign editor (see step #3)
2. Use a sandbox segment:
a. Create a new 'Sandbox' segment (call it "sandbox=1" / "sandbox=2"...)
In the segment editor, check the 'Specific Pages' parameter and insert   *sandbox=1*

b. Change the campaign's target segment
In the campaign editor, select the new 'sandbox' segment from the dropdwon list
Click 'Launch'

c. Preview on the website
Go to your website and add the ?sandbox=1 at the end of the url (i.e www.marketo.com?sandbox=1)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Yanir.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

To verify that your campaign will be displayed to the right visitors you can create the segment and let it run for a few days before launching the campaign.

Then, find your segment on the segments page and click the 'Distinct Visitors' to see the visitors that matched it:
0EM50000000TBPQ.png
You'll then see a list of organizations that matched the segment and you can verify they all meet your targeting criteria.

In order to test the actuall CTA they will see, you have 2 options :
1. Use the preview option in the campaign editor (see step #3)
2. Use a sandbox segment:
a. Create a new 'Sandbox' segment (call it "sandbox=1" / "sandbox=2"...)
In the segment editor, check the 'Specific Pages' parameter and insert   *sandbox=1*

b. Change the campaign's target segment
In the campaign editor, select the new 'sandbox' segment from the dropdwon list
Click 'Launch'

c. Preview on the website
Go to your website and add the ?sandbox=1 at the end of the url (i.e www.marketo.com?sandbox=1)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Yanir.

Mark_Emond7
Level 3

Belated thanks Yanir!

Jose_Rafael_Par
Level 3

Hi Yanir,

This solution worked great for us when we went live with RTP a few months ago, but I just tried to test a new segment using it, and it didn't work. I tried our old segments as well, and none of them are previewing correctly. Has something changed in the product that would break this solution?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jose,

Can you please provide some example to a sandbox campaign that doesn't work?

I tested one of your sandbox campaigns (for assurance) and it seems to work fine.

Yanir

Jose_Rafael_Par
Level 3

Hi Yanir,

The one I'm trying to test right now is http://www.pros.com/?sandbox=tech​, which should have some in-zone campaigns, plus a widget. It worked when we first launched the campaigns, and I used that link to provide screenshots internally, but I can't get it to work on any browser, device, or network I've tested it on now. The Segment is unchanged as well. I don't know what's happening here...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jose,

It looks like something specific.

Can you please submit a support case (by sending an email to support@marketo.com) with all this information and the browser types and versions you checked?

The team will look into it asap and provide further troubleshooting steps.

Thanks,