SOLVED

Re: Preventing leads from ever entering SFDC?

Go to solution
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Preventing leads from ever entering SFDC?

Hi,

We will soon have a set of leads in our database that we want in Marketo but do not want to allow them to sync into SFDC. I know that you can do the reverse, when you can prevent leads in SFDC from coming into Marketo, but is there a way to do the reverse as well?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Here is plan E  We don't sync leads from one of our business units to SFDC, I created a separate partition and workspace for them, and there is nothing syncing to SFDC in that workspace. All my workspaces syncing to SFDC (except for the admin one) do not have access to that partition.

The most reliable way would be to have support create a custom sync rule.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Andy,

I know that if you avoid adding these leads to any programs synced with SFDC campaigns as well as smart campaigns with the "sync to SFDC" flow step, that would prevent them. But not sure if there is an automated way to prevent them entirely.

You could use those guidelines. I would also set up a smart list of these leads who have either been synced to SFDC, have an SFDC type "not empty", or have an SFDC created date "not empty" to capture any that may have been created in SFDC. You can then make sure to delete them in SFDC.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Put a dud value in a picklist so the sync fails..

Michael_White
Level 5

In the past, we've worked with our SFDC admins to block syncing based on the presence of a particular field -- something like "Do Not Snyc to SFDC".  If you can't get the buy-in on creating a new field and adjusting the sync behavior, you can always use some of the other workarounds here, like entering an invalid value for a required field that will throw off the sync, but having it controlled by a separate field can help you with any necessary troubleshooting you may have to do.

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Support can setup a custom rule for instance, to allow bidirectional sync only for certain leads where you can mark a custom field, say Sync=TRUE. However, you could check if support can also setup a custom rule for Marketo > SFDC Sync.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Thank you all for the various solutions! Looks like the suggestions you provided have given me a plan A, B, C, and D. Let me talk to support as Balkar Singh​ suggested and get back to you all regarding what they suggested as well.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Here is plan E  We don't sync leads from one of our business units to SFDC, I created a separate partition and workspace for them, and there is nothing syncing to SFDC in that workspace. All my workspaces syncing to SFDC (except for the admin one) do not have access to that partition.

The most reliable way would be to have support create a custom sync rule.