SOLVED

Re: Prevent Salesforce from sending over old leads into Marketo?

Go to solution
Phil_Sultan
Level 1

Prevent Salesforce from sending over old leads into Marketo?

Hi there,

Our Salesforce account has a good amount of old leads (40k+) that we don't want to have transfer over into our Marketo account. When the Marketo sync is enabled though, those leads are automatically sent over from Salesforce into our Marketo account and we have to pause the sync and delete those old leads. We want our information syncing between the two systems, but if someone is an old account in Salesforce then we don't want them to transfer over. Is there a way to block that from happening, and if so how?

I think the answer here is probably possible, but I'm not sure how to go about accomplishing that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Phil,

Have a read through this document: Restricting Leads from Syncing to SFDC With Sync Filters  The idea is having a custom field setup for the contact records and basically allowing Marketo to read the fields that have this custom field marked.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Floyd

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Sorry I didn't read your post carefully the first time.

If you want to prevent data going from Salesforce to Marketo, change the visibility of the record to be hidden from the Marketo sync user.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Phil,

Have a read through this document: Restricting Leads from Syncing to SFDC With Sync Filters  The idea is having a custom field setup for the contact records and basically allowing Marketo to read the fields that have this custom field marked.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Floyd

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

This is exactly what we have set up on our system to prevent massive amounts of bad data from flooding our Marketo instance.

ellekay
Level 1

You have an updated link? I know this is like 6 years old, but would love to read it now, as we're wondering how to prevent some SFDC leads/contacts from syncing over. 

KevinH
Level 2