Re: Prevent Program from Automatically Setting Acquisition Program

Go to solution
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Prevent Program from Automatically Setting Acquisition Program

From what I understand the acquisition program is set automatically if:

• You have a program with a local form and landing page
  • A new lead is created from that form

The reason I ask is that I have a singular sign-up form with hidden fields to capture UTM parameters and a smart campaign to routes leads to the appropriate advertising program. Ideally, I'd like to set the acquisition program to the corresponding advertising programs rather than the routing program. Does anyone know of a way to disable the automatic setting of the acquisition program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Conor,

You are correct. Vote here:

BtW, you can always change the acquisition program afterwards, using a "change data value" flow step, with "Acquisition program" attribute.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Conor,

You are correct. Vote here:

BtW, you can always change the acquisition program afterwards, using a "change data value" flow step, with "Acquisition program" attribute.

-Greg

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Why not just host the landing page and form in Design Studio?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Steven,

It is recommended for the form, but it will not change anything to the behavior. What matters is

With regards to the Landing Page, it is really not a best practice: it makes program cloning a total pain (trying to avoid Jive to *** my word).

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Completely agree with Greg here. LPs should always be physically included in the program itself to better scale programs across an entire environment (especially with hundreds/thousands of programs across multiple workspace).